Im running for re-election as a Director at Large on the Union of BC Municipalities #UBCM2020
This past year, it has been an honour to represent BC local governments on the Union of British Columbia Municipalities. I am running for a second term as a Director-at-Large to continue ensuring that the province works closely with local government to build resilient communities. Building resilient communities is especially important in the face of the Pandemic. We can do this if we focus on building more environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive communities that are full of opportunity for everyone.
This coming term as a UBCM Director at Large I will advocate strongly for local governments to the province for:
- Covid-19 recovery funding for impacted local government services such as transit and stimulus funding for infrastructure
- Provincial initiatives to support local Climate Action including the adoption of UBCM’s Special Committee for Climate Action recommendations
- Increased resources to address mental health, addiction and homelessness in our communities
- Improved rural access to services; such as broadband connectivity, economic development support and recycling
- Improved access to alternate revenue sources for local government, including our fair share of the cannabis excise tax
Delegate voting start 1030am Tues. Sept 22 and ends 12pm Wed Sept 23 at the online convention.